In August 2017, AEMO formed an Expert Advisory Panel of senior energy leaders to gain holistic and diverse perspectives on industry opportunities and challenges from the Australian energy sector.
The Panel is Chaired by Ms. Chloe Munro, the former Chair of the Clean Energy Regulator and panel member of the Finkel Review. The Panel supports AEMO in delivering key initiatives and implementing the endorsed Finkel recommendations. The Panel also plays a crucial consultative role across AEMO’s broad remit of activity.
The Expert Advisory Panel aims to also support the Energy Security Board by helping AEMO drive industry reform, expediting critical issues and finding consensus where possible.
The list of panel members is tabled below.
- Chloe Munro - Former Chair of the Clean Energy Regulator and panel member of the Finkel Review
- Dr Phil Blythe - Founder and CEO, GreenSync
- Prof Michael Brear - Director, Melbourne Energy Institute, University of Melbourne
- Frank Calabria - Managing Director & CEO, Origin Energy
- Nino Ficca - Managing Director & CEO, AusNet Services
- Miles George - Strategic Advisor, Infigen Energy
- Dr Jemma Green - Co-founder & Chair, Power Ledger
- Paul Italiano - CEO, TransGrid
- Dr Attilio Pigneri - President, AAHE, CEO, H2U, Director, Talent with Energy
- Andrew Richards - CEO, Energy Users Association of Australia
- Rosemary Sinclair - CEO, Energy Consumers Australia
- David Smales - CEO, Energy Queensland
- Rob Stobbe - CEO, SA Power Networks
- Jon Stretch - Managing Director & CEO, ERM Power
- Catherine Tanna - Managing Director, EnergyAustralia
- Frank Tudor - Managing Director & CEO, Horizon Power
- Andrew Vesey - Managing Director & CEO, AGL
- Oliver Yates - Former CEO, Clean Energy Finance Corporation
- Ian Learmonth - CEO, Clean Energy Finance Corporation
- James Fazzino, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Incitec Pivot
- Paul O'Malley, Chief Executive Officer, Bluescope Steel
- Peter Freyberg - Head of Global Coat Assets, Glencore
- Robert Stobbe, Chief Executive Officer, SA Power Networks
- Steve Davy, Chief Executive Officer, Hydro Tasmania